Now Available: Watch the webinar recording
Implementing Community Based Violence Intervention (CVI) Strategies is a 5-part webinar series which will deliver information on a wide range of issues important to successfully implementing CVI strategies. The webinar series will be hosted on the second Wednesday of each month from September 2022 to January 2023.
Using the Bureau of Justice Assistance's CVI Checklist as a framework, the series will walk through the stages of planning and implementation of CVI strategies and take a deeper dive into several important issues.
In this webinar, you will hear from a diverse group of multi-disciplinary leaders in the CVI space about the importance of cross-sector collaborations between trusted partners. These partnerships play an essential role in planning for and building out complementary intervention and prevention efforts that focuses on high-risk individuals and places and the root causes of violence such as inadequate housing, employment, education, mental and physical health care, and other factors that influence quality of life.
Speakers during this webinar include the following:
- Amy Solomon, Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General, Office of Justice Programs (OJP)
- Karhlton F. Moore, Director, Bureau of Justice Assistance
- Eddie Bocanegra, Senior Advisor, Office of the Assistant Attorney General, OJP
- Rodney Brown, Executive Director/CEO, New Covenant Community Development Corporation
- Ainka Jackson, Esq, Executive Director, The Selma Center for Nonviolence, Truth & Reconciliation
- LeVar Michael, Senior Program Officer, Local Initiatives Support Corporation
- Brenda Palms, President and CEO, North Lawndale Employment Network
- Anthony Smith, Executive Director, Cities United
- James Timpson, Director for Community Partnership and Safety, Roca Maryland and Roca Impact Institute