Gather up-to-date information for the investigation and prosecution of all types of child abuse cases utilizing a multidisciplinary team approach. Learn about medical evidence, interviewing child victims/witnesses and adult suspects/witnesses, along with legal issues involved in the investigation and prosecution of child physical and sexual abuse cases. Discuss trends in offenders’ use of technology, the use of child sexual abuse material, and sextortion. Learn law enforcement investigative techniques that capitalize on new technology.
Upon completion or this training, you will be able to:
- Describe the type of injuries a child may sustain and those that may or may not be as a result of abuse
- Define child physical and child sexual abuse
- Define characteristics of victims and offenders of child abuse
- Describe preferred practices for interviewing minor victims and offending suspects
- Describe legal considerations for investigating and prosecuting child physical and child sexual abuse cases
Is This Training For You?
- Law Enforcement
- Social Workers
- Tribes/Tribal Partners
Registration Deadline: August 11, 2023.